Matthew 7:21-23
21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
These few verses that Rui Xia shared during cg today really struck something in my heart.. Let us imagine a person who always prophesy in Jesus's name and in Jesus's name drive out demons and perform many miracles at the gate to heaven.. This is what I imagine Jesus would say to him, 'I think you got the wrong place. The place you want to get to is actually not paradise where you get to stay in my presence everyday; the place you want to go to is some place where you get to prophesy in my name, and in my name drive out demons and perform many miracles.' (it would be funny if there's such a place you could do that for eternity.. maybe a special compartment of hell..)
Yupz.. that's what God would say to all the 'Martha's out there (including myself sometimes) who are so distracted with doing God's work that you forgot the point of it all.. I can assure you that if you cannot be like Mary and stay at Jesus's feet to listen to all that He says now.. what makes you think you'd enjoy it when you are in His presence everyday in paradise? so God's solution? simple.. deny you entry to paradise.. spare you the pain of listening to Jesus's words..
before I end this post.. just would like to encourage all the 'Martha's that we actually CAN choose to be like Mary to choose to just be at Jesus's feet and listen to all that He says.. We CAN choose to, like Martha, be motivated by all the things that has to be done for matric, for any of God's work.. or we CAN choose to, like Mary, remain at Jesus's feet to listen to all that He says and at the end of the day, be motivated by HIS love to do HIS work.. come to think of it.. HIS love must be in HIS work for it to be completed the way He wanted it to be.. to all who feels they are serving like Martha today, I really think it would be a great idea to take a break from all the deadlines of doing God's work.. Jesus said that His presence can never be taken away from Mary no matter what (whether she does God's work or not).. so too His presence should never be taken away from us who feel drowned by all the deadlines to meet..
Chingster
P.S. I'm not saying 'Stop doing God's work!'.. I'm saying the point of it all is a relationship with Christ (which actually will lead to you doing God's work.. so there's no excuse for not doing God's work..)
No comments:
Post a Comment