Ezekiel 16:59-63
59 " 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will deal with you as you deserve, because you have despised my oath by breaking the covenant. 60 Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed when you receive your sisters, both those who are older than you and those who are younger. I will give them to you as daughters, but not on the basis of my covenant with you. 62 So I will establish my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the LORD. 63 Then, when I make atonement for you for all you have done, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth because of your humiliation, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "
When brothers and sisters hear of the phrase, "God is Faithful", usually the kind of faithfulness that came to their mind is the kind of faithfulness illustrated by v60 of the passage, of how God promises to forgive all our transgression and unfaithfulness. However, during Unit Meet today morning, the whole of unit B was pointed to a different kind of faithfulness God has. I have to agree with Dorling that we should understand God's faithfulness in its fullness, that we should also embrace the kind of faithfulness exemplified in v59, that He will be sure to "deal with us as we deserve," in addition to what the faithfulness demonstrated in v60 that we have already embraced very well.
Application Point for the day: (v61) Remember my ways (both wicked ways and righteous ways) and be ashamed of my wicked ways and continue in my righteous ways.. Think of the consequences of my wickedness and unfaithfulness on myself, other people and my relationship with them, and God and my relationship with God.. I want and I need to know what I have been atoned for by God to be able to experience the grace of God in its fullness!
All you brothers and sisters who read this post are welcome to keep me in check with regards to the above application point!
God is Faithful to the end
Chingster
P.S. God is so miraculous! I was just reading this passage on my way to Unit meet and I realised that what Dorling is trying to say is exactly what God has been trying to say to me even as I spent time reading His word (on the bus)! God is faithful despite my unfaithfulness in waking up earlier so that I can spend more quality time with Him..
Note to self: Remember to spend more quality time with Him!
Protected: health scare
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment