Yesterday was history..
Tomorrow's a mystery..
Today is a gift..
That's why it's called the present..
I was suddenly reminded of the above kind of National Education propaganda kind of quote when I was bathing just now and I realized that there is much truth in this very propaganda-ish quote.
Yesterday was history..
I believe there are lots of lessons we can learn from yesterdays (especially in those History lessons.. argh!) - what went right during a past success and what went wrong during a past failure but seriously we've got to let go of our past failures and move on from our past successes. After all, they are all history.
Tomorrow's a mystery..
There's a popular saying in our education system, "If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail." I would have to say I agree with this saying but God's word has this to say if planning causes worrying.
34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. (Matthew 6:34)
We all don't know what will happen tomorrow but does worrying help one bit? It just causes us to miss the point of appreciating the gift that is today! I think we all need to plan because if we don't, we are missing out on so many opportunities but worrying caused by excessive evaluation of our plans causes us to miss out on the same opportunities that today presents us!
Today is a gift..
That's why it's called the present..
My main point in this post is really about this - appreciating TODAY (I don't mean the newspaper.. haha!). I think we really need to appreciate this day that the Lord has given us.
*the song This is the Day that the Lord has made starts playing in my mind*
More than evaluating how our yesterdays had been and evaluating how best to live our tomorrows, we need to live in the here and the now. TODAY is a very special day!
Yesterday's lessons can only be truly learnt if we start living out those lessons our TODAY.
Plans for tomorrow never come to fruition unless we start living our plans TODAY which was yesterday's tomorrow.
Yesterday was history.. we can learn something from it..
Tomorrow's a mystery.. that's why we need to plan to live it out well..
Today is a gift..
That's why it's called the present..
Let's appreciate it and live it! Let our lessons learnt from yesterdays and our plans for tomorrows truly count.
Chingster
Protected: health scare
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment