Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crying out to God

Ahh God! That's it! I just want to TRUST in your pruning hands!
Help me trust everyone you have placed in my life that might be part of Your pruning process.. help me trust you when you try to prune me to become who you've created me to be!
Help me not struggle even as I see the pruning tools that you're gonna use! They will hurt, Lord but I just want to be a pleasing and obedient child of yours. Help me get out of the stupid barrier of doubting your pruning hands.
Lord take this unrefined silver and refine it! Take this clay and mould it! Take this vine and prune it! I know it's gonna hurt but I just want to believe that You know what You're doing (which in fact you do) and that those hurts are inevitable if I really want to become more like You. I offer You total surrender. Deal with me as you want. I no longer want to do 'works of repentance' by just kneeling down in my bedroom at night and start thinking about the things I WANT You to prune but I'm gonna in whatever physical posture I'm in and at any time of the day allow You to prune me as You want. Lord, let Your face be all that I want.. Let my want to have better character (better character as defined by myself) be transformed into a want to be more like You and a want to be pruned by You. I know how impossible that is but I know that you've ordained for me to reflect Your image from the very second You breathed life into me in my mother's womb. And Lord in You all things are possible. I want to go through this pruning process with You. Take me through it and let me rise up like an eagle.

No comments: