Sunday, September 13, 2009

God don't heal for fun!

Dated 19 Aug 2009

Wow.. I think God is really amazing! He could use a runny nose to remind me that a life not Christ-centred cannot be a full eternal life. My nose has never been so clear for the past two days which I thought felt like eternity (I certainly don't want to have runny noses for eternity). I hope that I will and I really want to wake up and respond to the call to be serious in responding to God's word and living a Christ-centred life. It is not about the doing but more importantly, about the being.
The key point I felt God wanted me to respond is really to surrender everything I called mine, to recognize that they're first and foremost, God's. Things like my sheep, my sowees, my time, my talents, my giftings, my abilities, my material resources are all given by God for me to steward or guide or bring closer to God. I just pray that I'll be more willing and able to give back to God what is His. I want to recognize God even in the midst of all these times when the things I claim to be mine brings trials (think I'm referring to my sheep and my sowees at that time). I want to be able to say that because they are first and foremost, God's, God will ensure only His best plans happen for them and in times when the things I claim to be mine bring me glory, I want to be able to give the glory back unto God.
Even as I was writing this, my runny nose came back. Guess this is God's reminder that carrying the cross is not a once-off thing but a every-moment thing. We need to carry our cross every moment of our lives. Time to carry my cross and let God's presence in my life chase the runny nose away.

End of the 'Ching Wee's book of random thoughts' or 'Ching Wee's chio book (designed by Elaine)' entry for 19 Aug 2009

I truly think God is amazing. He reminded me again of all these things I learnt in GC even as I was just typing this on the blog. God is good though I still failed Him. I didn't manage to really carry the cross every moment of my life but still he did remove the runny nose. If not, my nose would still be like a running tap now and forever. Really thank You Lord for Your grace!

Chingster

No comments: