following up on yesterday's post, I was just reflecting how I can help people not flow in the Church River.. Then I realized that sometimes as a shepherd or some of us who are leaders in church in some ways or another, we're encouraging people to flow in the Church River..
So what if God wants us to outreach to pre-believers? So what if God wants us to disciple believers? So what if God wants us to prioritize character growth? If we put pressure on people who look up to us to do all these things, aren't we encouraging them to flow in the Church River and be a part of the Church River? Have they personalised what God has done for them? Do they know what they are doing all these for?
argh.. God! It's not easy leading people to Your Holy Sanctuary! Teach me how to find Your Holy Sanctuary in my life and Teach me how to guide others to find it as well.. I know it lies not in the things we do but in the things You did for us..
Chingster
P.S. maybe the key lies in bringing people to see the things You did for them, not in bringing them to see what they can do for You..
Lord, give me enough faith to know that Your hand will move as I attempt to lead people to see the things You have done for them. I want to have enough faith to know that You want them to do all those great things (outreach, discipleship and character growth) more than I want them to and You'll make it happen when I lead people to see Your goodness in their lives.
Protected: health scare
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment