Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting 1 year older

Getting 1 year older this year is rather uneventful as compared to last year when I received my first Study Bible as birthday gift and also had a party.. yupz.. just wanna take this chance to share my birthday wishes..

Seng Kim was just telling me yesterday about how Timothy found no need to have birthday wishes because it doesn't take a birthday for us to desire good things for ourselves.. yup it's true that with God around, we can make birthday wishes every day.. however, how I see birthday wishes is that they are an excuse for us to desire good things for ourselves cos most of the time we dun really find ourselves with that desire.. it's just like it should not take new years for us to make resolutions that make us a better person.. but how many of us would actually make resolutions if there's no new years..

well.. so I'm someone who dun desire good things for myself if no event calls for it so here I am making birthday wishes and demanding (jus joking) that all brothers and sisters who read this post pray for them..

1. To know God and His love for myself more and more that I may love the people (brothers and sisters, friends and family) around me with God's love that they may come to know God and His love more (for pre-believing friends and family, will be eventually to come to accept Christ; for brothers and sisters, will be to have a much closer relationship with God)
2. To increase my sphere of influence especially in the coming Matriculation Season and even in the coming semester, that more people may be influenced by my life and get to know God and His love deeper (i.e. build more deep and open friendships)
3. World peace? err.. seriously.. just pray that everyone will get along well with one another (and not only just on the surface) and that whoseever toes I have stepped on when I was still 21 will forgive me.. I'm still imperfect and a work-in-progress.. SORRY! ermz.. maybe not only that but that more and more of God's kingdom will actually come on earth as it is in the heavens.. that people relate with one another as God intended with genuine love, care and concern..

Chingster

No comments: