Matthew 7:3-5
3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
Think about it.. it isn't very credible if someone with a plank in his eyes wants to help someone remove a speck from his eyes (you have a plank in your eyes and you want to remove my speck!!! that's not very credible, is it?) and it also isn't very loving for someone to attempt to remove a speck from another person's eyes while having a plank in his eyes (it will cause a lot of pain if we can't see clearly).. Just very reminded that as shepherds and overseers who are called to help remove specks that I very much need people to help remove my planks as well..
a gentle reminder to all shepherds and overseers.. Do not attempt to remove specks from our people's eyes without first removing the planks in ours.. really wanna appreciate you guys and gals for taking up God's call to disciple people but since we are called to remove specks, we much are more likely to fall into this trap (as I felt I may have many times).. at least other people can choose not to help remove the specks they notice.. let's also allow others in our lives to clear those planks that we may see clearer to remove specks.. I would say it's not easy removing specks since we have to clear planks as we do so but be assured that one day we'll see the fruits of our labor when our people's lives are transformed.. We shall have the victory in Jesus's name! AMEN!
Just something else that I received from the passage.. How many of us are actually willing to help (I mean REALLY help) remove specks in our brothers' eyes? is our 'help' just pointing out to him what is not pleasing to God? or are we committed to either showing him or guiding him towards living a life that is pleasing to God? I believe it causes a lot more hurt for people to know about this speck that you're not willing to help remove than it is for them not to know about it at all (at least for me, I'll feel like I need/want to remove it but there's nobody to help me and I certainly couldn't see that speck well enough (after all, specks are meant to be my blindspots) to remove it myself without a lot of pain).. let's all reflect on the next question honestly.. If we are only willing to let our brothers know that the speck is there and not offer any further help in removing that speck, then do we truly do that out of love for this brother and out of wanting to see that speck removed or are we doing it because of our pride that needs that brother to be brought down low just so we can seem better / more spiritual etc.?
Jus really feel like thanking those who have touched my lives some way or another that your idea of removing planks in my eyes is to guide me towards living a life that is pleasing to God and not just pointing out areas in my lives that are not pleasing to God..
Chingster
No comments:
Post a Comment