Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Reason I Live

How many of us had done something and felt that this was exactly what God created you for? I must say I have had this feeling before!

In this entry, I'm going to share the very reason that God created us for.. Let me start by sharing that in church, many people (myself included) try to find the reason we live through things we can do or accomplish for God.. Nevertheless, this was never God's reason for creating us.. God created men to have a relationship with Him, to partner with Him to rule over the Heavens and the Earth.. God could do and accomplish the things we could do for Him and excel at them much more than we can..

As we were worshiping God on Friday at Timothy's place during a Sub-D meet, I was just reminded through the worship song, When I look into Your Holiness, that 'the reason I live is to worship You', not to do things for Him.. back to the question at the start of this entry.. for those who have said yes or want to eventually say yes to that question (i.e. want to eventually do something that you feel is what God created you for), let me just gently remind you that the real reason we live is not for these things that we can do for God but is to worship God, to have a relationship with God! In fact, by right, everything that we are doing is exactly what God created us for if we do it with a heart of worship, a heart of wanting to relate with God..

Chingster

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the reminder.